The Afghan Herald is a growing online news publication based in Kabul. Our mission is to provide timely and accurate news that is representative of Afghanistan’s diversity. We aim to be the hub for innovating ideas that drive progress in Afghanistan through news writing and news analysis. We are currently hiring interns who are college students or recent college graduates.
Requirements to apply:
- Must be a student or recent college graduate
- Proficient in English, Dari/Pashto
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Monitoring and helping in gathering news
- Writing short articles
- Maintaining social media pages
- Creating daily media round outs for editors
- Answering phone calls and maintaining Afghan Herald shared calendar
- Being a team player and contributing with tasks as needed
- A fixed, monthly transportation and food allowance will be provided
- Students eligible through their universities can receive academic credit
- This internship will help you build your writing portfolio as a young journalist
- Your work schedule is flexible. We are looking for full time and part-time interns.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and one unedited English writing sample (minimum of 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. In the email, tell us in three short sentences why you are applying.
The Afghan Herald thrives on diversity. We do not discriminate in our hiring process and actively seek a diverse applicant pool. We encourage applicants from all ethnicities and gender identities to apply.